Friday, June 15, 2018

The Swedes!




Growing up, I had always known I had long-lost relatives left in Sweden. My mom had told me all about the family farm where my great grandmother had grown up. We had lost track of each other through time and had no contact with them. It had been a life long dream of mine to one day meet my Swedish relatives and visit the family farm. In December of 2013 my dream came true and our two branches of family, who had separated three generations ago, came back together again. I am so thankful we have been reunited. Time has gotten away from me in the blogging world, so I feel sheepish to say that in July of last year a portion of my Swedish relatives came to Montana to visit us and finally meet my mom. For me, it was another dream come true to be able to reunite my mom with our Swedish relatives. We spent three days together, packed full of love, family stories and fun. It is true that blood runs thicker than water. Thank you to Beret, Bodil, Törsten and Gösta for making the trek to meet us. It was a treat to share a little slice of our life with you.



















Click here for more photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment